Thursday, May 24, 2007

Notice anything?


Notice anything?
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.
Definitely NOT a scrapable moment. My MIL noticed yesterday that one side of Tess's hair was shorter than the other...just enough that I didn't notice it.

I looked Tess in the eye and asked her -- quite calmly, I must say, and with genuine curiosity -- whether the hairstylist Grandma took her to up north had done that on purpose. I got two lies in a row, then, when I promised not to get mad, she admitted to cutting it herself.

"And where did you put the hair you cut off?"

"In a bucket. In my room."

Henceforth the scissors have been relinquished and she must do all crafts in my presence. Her hair is still long in back, so she's got a kind of modified (gack) mullet. Which will look just GREAT when she is flower girl at my brother's wedding next month. SIGH.

I gave my MIL a chance to even it up, and she hacked off too much on the other side. She usually does a great job with Tess's bangs and I've even had her cut some off the back in the past; Tess must have wiggled this time. Grr.

Heirloom rocking chair

All right, people, it's got to be said. It was cute (and I loved everyone's reaction) when he was 4 months old and 19 pounds. I was even okay when he hit 22 pounds at 6 months. But if one more person comments on how much they love fat babies, I'm gonna start takin' names. Because I have constant back pain and he can understand more than you realize.

Oh my God, I've got to go munch those bread dough thighs. Later 'gators.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Laughing so hard my sides hurt...My question is though is why did she keep the hair in a bucket in her room? You just know the answer would be something good!!!

Well it happens to the best of us...though my bad hair experiance was when I was in 6 grade right before pictures and my mother thought she could cut my overly long hair by pulling it back into a pony tail! (Don't ask about the logic on that one...) Till this day I HATE that picture!!! To fix it the hair dresser had to cut it so short that I looked like a boy!!!

Denise said...

Girl, please! I ALWAYS had my hair cut short, because it was so fine. I was CONSTANTLY being asked, "are you a girl or a boy?"

I wanted long hair like Anita D. -- so long I could SIT on it (like she could).