Friday, October 5, 2007

The hazards of a (very) warm autumn


Cider mill
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile
I am so ready for sweater weather. I know in about a month I'll be bitching about the snow and ice, so I'd better be careful what I wish for.

We had an outing, Ben and I, today at Jennie's Farm Market. I'm glad I announced early that I'd only stay about an hour (Ben needed to nap, I needed to eat & get ready to volunteer at Tess's school), because -- like at the cider mill in the photo above -- there were bees EVERYWHERE.

Some of you who know me know I can take anything but bees...give me a mouse, a snake, even a big, hairy spider, I can deal, but bees -- nope. And they were really lovin' me today. I had one bumping my arm over and over, another took a shine to my glasses, several times...well, let's just say I had to come home and rest this afternoon after that morning battle. Hey, I'm just proud I lasted a whole hour. Sometimes I see a bee, and I scoot.

But I do love me some cinnamon donuts & fresh apple cider. Even if I do have to eat them in the car.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We had the same problem when we went to the Dexter Cider Mill on Sunday, bees everywhere & I'm allergic! Nasty buggers!

Denise said...

The cider mill is the WORST. One of the gals at Jenny's yesterday got stung at the cider mill. Eep!