2. That damn DS. We had to limit Tess's time on it to about 45 minutes-1 hour. Mesmerized.
(yes, I'm aware she's holding the case upside down. She was just getting the game chip out, not reading. Reading she is still doing great at, despite the fact that she brought no books along. She gets car sick, like me).
3. Golf carts are even funner than cars! Especially when Pa lets me drive!! --Ben
4. Dr. Seuss fish at Mermaid's Kitchen, Sanibel Island.
5. Mermaid's Kitchen: where desserts are the only thing worth getting. Seriously, don't eat there. The decor (mermaids!) and their cakes are awesome, but not their $24 shrimp (lunch!!) entree, with only 4 shrimp on the plate, a tiny cup of coleslaw, and a pile of inedible french fries.
6. Tearing into Charlotte Harbor on our friend's father's boat. Took my breath away!
7. The peacefulness of the canal (once we slowed down...)
8. How much Ben loved the ocean and its waves. Add another swimmer to the family!
9. The creativity of my daughter, the Indian Princess:
10. Pelicans dive bombing in formation toward a school of fish in the swim area:
The highest temps reached was 78F. On our last day. Which ended up being Saturday instead of Friday, so we could hit the beach. Finally.
We took 2.5 days to drive down, but made it back in 2 (ugh). On the drive home, we listened to waaaay too much HSM2 dance party music (Ben's favorite: hey batter batter swing, better known as I Don't Dance) and I knit a very yellow sock, which will henceforth be known as my Florida Sock(s). Found out I can turn a heel while in the car, and not get sick.