I called E in Colorado this morning and told him he's never. allowed. to take a trip alone ever. again. Here's a little summary of little things that went wrong and drove me over the edge this weekend:
1. Ben didn't nap Saturday.
2. He woke up at 4 a.m. ready to roll. Uh, no.
3. Alarm went off at 6:30a so that I could get ready for early church before waking Tess; she had to sing in both services for Palm Sunday.
4. Sunday evening she swallows a metal marble from the Mousetrap game. Yes, she's SEVEN. I have no idea why she thought it would be a good idea to even put that in her mouth. Ben, maybe. Tess, uh, no.
5. Call 911 in a panic, they send an ambulance, she's fine. We just have to wait until it passes. Lovely.
5b. the only bright spot: I am not charged for the ambulance visit (apparently you only get charged if you ride).
6. The other bright spot in my weekend was the fact that Tess was supposed to go to a friend's house at 1p today and sleep overnight. In fact, Tess's only question before the ambulance arrived was, sniff, "will I still be able to sleep over?" sniff... The friend's mom called this morning; they are out of power.
So now I have Tess's friend visiting and sleeping over here tonight.
At least Ben is napping.
And I made brownies.