Thursday, March 8, 2007

Big deal


Congrats card
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.
My 47 year-old brother is getting married. This is about all the excitement I could muster for it -- a nice "Congrats on your engagement" card I made yesterday...with lots of old CTMH stuff (hey, I'm using it!)

I'm not sure why I can't muster excitement over this. E suggested that the last time there was a wedding, it was ours, and somehow I am uptight over being "usurped" from the Attention Throne. Um, yeah. Like our wedding day was such a big deal. I tried to keep things as low-key as possible, and feel we had a nice, relaxed day.

Mom has gone into hyper-mode (hmm...the only stress at our wedding was caused by her). She's already offered Tess as a flower girl (it's a done deal in Mom's mind). My SIL is talking to the bride-to-be via phone and email and oooo is Mom ever jealous (her "I hope they become Best Friends" just drips with sarcasm). Well, the phone works both ways, ya know? She was going to call the BTB this week, so we'll see how that goes.

Perhaps it's because we are soon off for two weeks with my folks, and Mom is already in Freak Out mode. My uncle got married in his 40s too, and has been happily married for over 15 years now. So Mom really needs to calm down. It runs in the family, see? So does Freaking Out, apparently.

No comments: